Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literate Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Starting of a New Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Starting of a New Life Empty
PostSubject: The Starting of a New Life   The Starting of a New Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Aremet took slow steps, grazing her fingertips on the bark of the trees she passed. She glanced up at the sky, feeling the waves of heat clashing down on her skin, causing beads of sweat to form on her forehead. She decided she needed to cover more ground, if she wanted to be out of the place by nightfall. She slipped into the shadows, and phased into the sleek, white wolf that consisted of her other self. She got to a trotting speed, when she suddenly smelled a scent. She paused to take in the smell even more, and got a distinct outcome. Another Shifter had claimed this territory, and from the area of it, Aremet guess there were a few others, as well.

"Maybe I should check it out," she murmured to herself. She had been a loner for a while, leaving her home when she was 22, and she is 212 now. She had often fantasied about being in a family of her own kind, but had never seen it as a reality. The thought of actually having one, outside of her thoughts, and it thrilled her. Her thoughts came to an abrupt stop when she realized one terrible thing.. what if they didn't want her? Her breath hitched in her throat as everything she just hoped for was crushed. Who's going to want a lone Shifter? Aremet knew she could never jump to conclusions and she had to try, whether or not she succeeded.

Aremet looked around, wondering if there would be one of the Shifters near. She lifted up her nose, and inhaled the air. She couldn't tell, as the one scent was too overpowering. She sat back, curling her long tail around her paws, and looking around her. She decided she would just wait for someone to find her. They would have to come by soon, she guessed. She phased back to a human and leaned against the tree next to her, and sat alert. "Let's make this fast.."
Back to top Go down
Auxiliary Jagara
Shifter
Auxiliary Jagara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Starting of a New Life   The Starting of a New Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:01 pm

The day had been rather uneventful really, nothing out of the ordinary. She had spent a morning in the library, and gone out to eat after finishing her work. For lunch, Jagara had caught a boar, quite awful to smell but, when roasted correctly, absolutely marvelous to the tongue. And when combined with her marinara sauce she had learned from that group of bear shifters… the result was just heavenly. The fair-sized boar had filled the shifter’s stomach for the rest of the day, which was convenient because Jagara had decided to spend the rest of the day patrolling the borders and looking for good ambush sites and watch posts.

The trees were in full bloom this summer, which was perfect in masking the snow leopard’s pale ash pelt. Waving her tail for balance, she climbed her way up a trunk, digging her claws into the bark with each reach of her paws. Then, balancing expertly on the limbs that stretched from the main mass of the tree, she made her way across what parts were safe to tread on before leaping to the next tree, not breaking the midday song of the forest. Within a short duration of soundless movement, she spotted a conspicuous white pelt of a wolf shifter approaching the border. ‘Huh. Looks like I will have to play around with defensive strategies later,’ she thought to herself.

The shifter’s grey-blue gaze trailed the canine and watched her movements carefully. After waiting a good number of minutes since the female had changed forms and sat down, Jagara leaped out of the foliage and landed gracefully on her paws, her long, sweeping tail making an authorative but strangely elegant arch over her back. With a rumbling voice she spoke, “Greetings, shifter.” Trying to pick up a warm tone, she continued, “My name is Jagara, Epror to Regina Eden, who owns these lands. I see that you have been waiting for a representative of this pack. Speak your purpose.” Although her tone was hospitable, she kept her stance ready and her tail up for now. Something told Jagara that this was a wolf who wanted to join their merry band of shifters, but she wanted no unfriendly surprises.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Starting of a New Life   The Starting of a New Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:08 pm

((It'll be short.. sorry!))

Aremet's head jerked up, looking at the snow leopard which had just leaped out in front of her. The shifter's eyes gazed upon the remarkable feline, while it spoke to her with an authoritative tone. "Greetings, Epror Jagara. My name is Aremet, and I dwell in no pack, which brings me to my purpose. I have been a loner for about a century and a half, and when I found the scent of a pack, I let my thoughts engage into a fantasy I have had for a while; being in a pack." The girl looked at the Epror, her ice-blue eyes with a focused glint to them. Aremet sniffed slightly, moving backward just to make sure she was not in the shifter pack's territory.

"I have come to offer myself as a new member of your pack, if you are willing to accept me. If not, it is completely understood, as the circumstances could have been better, I suppose. If you would like to further know more about me, ask away, please. And I can leave your territory's vicinity immediately." She phased into her wolf form and lowered her stomach so it touched below her, and she pushed her muzzle into the ground, looking upward. She made sure that she showed submission to this higher-ranking female. "I apologize if I sound abrupt, it's just always been a dream of mine to be in a pack, and this is my chance. But again, if you do not need me, I will not intrude."
Back to top Go down
Auxiliary Jagara
Shifter
Auxiliary Jagara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Starting of a New Life   The Starting of a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:50 pm

Seeing the gestures of respect and submission given by Aremet, the pack shifter allowed her tail to slide down until it hung loosely behind her. There would obviously be no trouble here, not that she couldn’t handle any. With a casual essence, she sat down on her haunches, the sun warming her back pleasantly. Smiling, she quickly responded, “It is an honor to meet you, Aremet,” and added a polite bow of her head. When the shifter phased into her primal form, a formidable snow colored wolf, Jagara was quite pleased. Her experienced gaze studied her muscle definition and fitness, secretly deeming her a worthy fighter, not that the pack would turn someone in need away. It was just good to see that she would be recruiting able-bodied shifters.

Lifting a paw slightly to wave off the last comment, the snow leopard spoke, “No need to apologize; I prefer quick answers at this time of day. Long stories are best for evenings, I think. Well now, as for the pack membership…” She continued in a seemingly friendlier tone, “You seem capable… But I have a few things we must discuss first. First off, you must be willing to pull your own weight. Life isn’t paradise, and I’m sure you know that as well as anyone. We all have a role, and we have our duties. You will fulfill them with punctuality and quality. But we also all live our own lives as well, so do not be daunted. You’ll have plenty of time to roam the lands and socialize with your new family. About our family, we all respect each other. I trust that you will show the same respect and kindness that you have shown to me when interacting with our other pack members, as they will do the same to you. And of course, you are to give your loyalty to our pack and our leader, Regina Eden. This is expected, yes? Forgive me if it sounds demanding, but I do not like to waste time. If you are willing to commit yourself, then I will be ready to accept you as a member of our family.”

She gave a little smile and shifted into her human form, magically feeling her body painlessly meld into another. The woman was sitting on the emerald grass, fingers laced around one propped up knee while her left leg lay stretched in front of her. Her usual outfit was on her: a black leather jacket, simple shirt, dark jeans, and her tough, leather biker boots which were laced up only three-quarters of the way. Her blonde hair was brought up to flow only on one side in a punkish hairstyle. Jagara gave a warm chuckle and rose to her feet, crossing her arms across her chest while waiting for a reply. “Some dreams do come true, apparently.” Truthfully, Jagara had found respect for this wolf, and hoped that one day they might become better friends. But as for now, such things remained unknown.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Starting of a New Life   The Starting of a New Life Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:39 pm

"It is an honor to meet you, as well, Epror Jagara," she said. Aremet listened carefully to what the Epror had to say, noting everything she would need to be to be a worthy member of the pack. Once Jagara finished, Aremet replied, making sure to add every commitment she would need to show. "Yes, I learned the hard way that life isn't always the most compassionate or forgiving, and I understand that my duties will be fulfilled to meet--or exceed--everyone's standards." The white wolf nodded once before continuing, "I am sure there is no one I shouldn't show the respect I show everyone, and I will try to please everyone as well as I have done so to you. And no need to apologize, as I would always assume that each pack has it rules and regulations everyone needs to follow, me being the exact same." She paused one more time before proceeding. "I am willing to commit myself to the pack, and if you are willing to accept me, I will gladly be a new member of your family."

Once the Epror phased back into her human form, Aremet did the same. The female shifter's form consisted of her usual summer wear; a white tank top, white and black plaid button down dress shirt, short jean shorts with a thin brown belt, and Nike running shoes. She was sitting with her legs close to her body, holding her knees up to rest her chin on. When she heard that last remark, she smiled. "I suppose so, but usually they are helped by others." Aremet watched this female in her human form, and remarked to herself that she was a fit and muscular woman, and could probably fight well. "Do you mind me asking how many shifters are in your pack at the moment?" She smiled as put her arms on the ground behind her, propping herself up as she leans back.
Back to top Go down
Auxiliary Jagara
Shifter
Auxiliary Jagara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Starting of a New Life   The Starting of a New Life Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:20 am

Jagara listened to the shifter’s short pledges, pleased with the bluntness. She gave a curt nod, approving the words in silence.  As Aremet shifted, Jagara could not help but smile in amusement at their differences. Shorts and a shirt compared to long jeans and a leather jacket, tennis shoes to biker boots. How funny it was to her! But then again, there was nothing unusual. Other than Jagara keeping the same or at least similar clothing year-round. Nothing particularly attractive wardrobe-wise, but she was a being of strength not love, so this did not bother her. The one thing that mattered most was her duties.

Jagara chuckled at the comment until the question was spoken. Upon hearing the words, she smiled, looking down at the sitting female, “We have five members of this pack, steadily rising with each passing week, and that number is about to increase to six. That is because, from this moment onwards, you shall be known as Bellator Aremet. I see potential in you, do not disappoint me in that. Walk among us with pride and bring your best to our ranks, and help bring our people to greatness. But don’t forget to enjoy yourself, though I do not doubt that you will. If you have any further questions or ever need some help or advice, you are welcome to come to me at any time. At this time, you may follow and further talk with me on the way to the main pack lands, or you may go and explore on your own, the choice is yours. It was a pleasure meeting you, and I hope our paths cross again.” With the ending of the little induction, Jagara shifted into her primal form and turned to walk away on broad, silent paws. Her ears flicked back to tell if the wolfess would follow behind or go off on her own. Inside, Jagara was full of pride. This was her first accepted member as Epror, and she couldn’t wait to begin the accepting and training of others.

((Congratulations! You are accepted into the pack and may post in our territories now. You do not have to reply to this post if you don't want to. Welcome to the pack!))
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Starting of a New Life   The Starting of a New Life Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:36 am

Aremet shifted back into her form of a white wolf, trotting after the Epror in silence. She was pleased to know that she was accepted, and couldn't wait to start training, and even earn higher ranks. What she couldn't tell is if the Epror had accepted a member before, because if she hadn't, she had done a pretty well job. There was one other aspect of being in this pack that made her mind draw a blank; what would the regina be like? If she was anything like Jagara, Aremet was sure she would enjoy the leader's company. She caught up to the snow leopard, turning to her as she padded along side her. "When do I start?" she asked, tilting her head and flicking her ears toward the higher-ranking female. "I am very eager, and I also am wondering when I will meet the regina.."

Watching as the other shifter walked, she noticed the muscles releasing and contracting, showing just how powerful she was. If Aremet were to pursue a fight with her one day, whether it for practice or for real, she would need to learn her tactics before taking her on. "One other thing.." she bowed her head in thanks, "I appreciate you accepting me. It's an honor." She turned her head straight, smiling as she followed the Epror to her new home.
Back to top Go down
Auxiliary Jagara
Shifter
Auxiliary Jagara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Starting of a New Life   The Starting of a New Life Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Jagara chuckled at the eagerness of the canine beside her, who had decided to follow. “Excited are we, newest warrior and guardian of the pack’s territories? Well…”she glances up to the sky, checking the sun’s height before continuing, “I can probably fit you into the patrol that sets out at dusk if you want, or you can have today to move in and find whatever you need, and begin your other duties tomorrow. I see that you are of fair build, and trust that you can fight. I am correct, yes? However, if you wish to brush up on your moves a little, I have time to do so. All you need to do is ask.” Jagara paused thoughtfully at the mention of her leader. The Epror had much respect for and trust in the graceful female, and hoped that they might become good friends one day. With a small smile, she rumbled, “Eden is a white tigress, well worthy of her title as Regina. She accepts all of our kind as a family, despite any wrong turns, bumps, and potholes in our life, and deems everyone worthy of standing shoulder-by-shoulder and striving to show the world the potential for greatness among our race. A wise and warm feline, she is, but she also knows where to be strict and to the point. The finest of shifter leaders that I’ve met through all of my years of travels. As for meeting her, I can promise nothing. I’m sure that if you seek her out, you will find her, or you can wait until your paths cross.”

Her ashen whiskers twitched in slight surprise at the show of thanks, but she did not allow anything else to move in shock. Jagara only dipped her head with a grin, “It was my pleasure.” Pushing away her growing pride, the snow leopard opened her maw and scented the air, breathing in small, quiet huffs. Once she was sure that no other loners were around, she closed her jaws once more and walked on, feeling the earth beneath her. Each of her strides was accented by the rise and fall of her shoulder blades, which, along with the steady movement of her hindquarters, reminded one of calm waves in the ocean. Her magnificent long tail swayed behind her, curled at the tip as to keep it off of the ground. A shaded grey ear flicked to Aremet as Jagara asked, “What other questions do you have?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Starting of a New Life   The Starting of a New Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Starting of a New Life
Page 1 of 1