Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literate Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Find Me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Knight Jekaterina
Prospect
Knight Jekaterina

Character sheet

Find Me Empty
PostSubject: Find Me   Find Me Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 7:33 pm

A white crochet hat to cover the dirty blonde curls, simple grey sweater with a puffy black north face vest over top to keep the chest warm, dark hydraulic jeans with fade marks along the faint curves of her legs, black boots made for comfort with fur along their rims, and a pair of the warmest white knitted mittens made up the pale girls outfit of choice. From inside her quiet motel room she could hear the howl of the wind and imagine it’s crisp bite, but it wouldn’t bother her. It hadn’t in a long time, but she had to blend in. Plus, she liked the style of clothing this type of weather brought with it. Bundled up, nice and cozy, with plenty of hot cocoa vendors out in the streets, and add in the snow and you had yourself a perfect picture. After she finished appling small portions of make-up to brighten her features, Jekaterina turned away from the mirror hanging on the wall to fetch her wallet and key. If she had been in a cartoon, a cluster of moths would have greeted her as she peered into her cash collect. She had been running low for days, but hadn't brought herself to find another job. She still had money in the bank, Father had always been good at making regular deposits, he'd left a good chunk to fall back on if ever something happened.

Her blue eyes clouded over with the thoughts of her father. Still no word from him. Jekaterina chewed her lip abstractly as she fell into her familiar set of worry that came whenever he came acrossed her mind. She clutched the silver pendant hanging from her neck, remembering the promise she had made to him. "I will not forget you, I will find you." He hadn't been there to hear the words, she'd made the promise after he was already gone. Taken. A loud rap on the door startled Jekaterina, making her jump and drop her hand from her neck. "Room Service!" A cheery old voice called. She took a moment to regain herself as she put her wallet into her back pocket and the key in her coat. She cast one last look at the mirror before opening her door. "Good morning Kate! Will you be staying with us another night?" She was a small old women, but her smile was kind and sincere with a good heart. Jekaterina had been here for about three days, and even though 'Kate' wasn't a name she was accostomed to, she never corrected the kind woman. "Yes, I'll be back later tonight." She replied as she slipped out past the old woman before letting her enter. "Oh good! Stay safe!" The old woman called back to her as she entered the motel room. Jekaterina shed a small smile as the door clicked shut. Americans. Some could be so nice while others.... She shook her head as she turned to walk away from the motel. Part of her felt bad she could never remember the woman's name.

Jekaterina paused during her travel to stop by a vendor selling magazines, as well as maps. Three days she'd been here, and she still didn't know her way around. It was almost embaressing. She managed to grab a map and continue on her way without being noticed, and without having to pay a dime. One of the perks of being in a big city at least. She took a small sip of some hot chocolate, that she had paid for, as she opened the map to look for a specific park. Talk and gossip was easy to find and hear in any bar, and during one of her rather late low nights she'd heard rumors about a clan of vampires. A drunk had been telling his buddies, swearing he knew what he saw. His friends of course thought he was nuts, spillng another false story their kind never seemed to run out of. Humans. She thought with amusement and perhaps a little resentment. Still, she wanted to see if there was indeed a clan. She didn't think that she would walk right in and see a sign with  "Vampires wanted!" Written on a sign, but if they were there then someone of her race would recognize her...right? She just hoped they weren't the hostile type, attack strangers first and ask questions later type of vamps. But they wouldn't attack her in the middle of the day, would they? Needless to say, Jekaterina was nervous.

Oh but how beautiful the scenery was! Recently fallen slow had layered the surroundings with a thin blanket, ice sicles dangled from tree limbs, and there was kids slippings and sliding along the surface of the pond. She picked out one of many benches to sit, listening to the laughs and startled cries of the clumsy children. She had remembered days when she'd done the same with her own little sister. Blue eyes fell as the memory passed, just like they always did when Jekaterina thought of her. Tilting the small cup in hand, she finished off the last of the cocoa, letting the warmth pass through her lips and down her throat. She didn't need the drink, it did little for her appetite, but it was one of her favorites and just like the winter apparel she denied herself to let them go.

Jekaterina's Outfit:
Back to top Go down
Domina Arkati
Vampire
Domina Arkati

Character sheet

Find Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Find Me   Find Me Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 12:57 pm

The Domina patrolled the borders daily, more than anyone in the clan as far as she was aware. Most days there was no one or someone stumbled upon the stranger before she. On this specific day she'd meet someone and though she didn't exactly enjoy talking to strangers and didn't like strangers so close to those she loved, she had to give everyone a chance and then decide. The clan was rumored around with rogue vampires and some humans who managed to get away from some rookie vampires, Arkati knew better than to leave any evidence of a victim she'd fed off of, she'd normally drain them and kill them that way anyway. Arkati sighed and ran a hand through her hair as she stepped from the clan's mansion with her empty bottle or vodka in hand, of course she couldn't get drunk but the bitter taste and sting of the alcoholic beverage was something she craved. She'd toss the bottle away in town, Arkati took one step, then another and soon she was running from the mansion, speed unmeasurable and unmistakable to that of any human. She arrived into the town after a shirt amount of time and slowed down as she walked the streets, eyeing the humans carefully with a small glare. Some humans knew about vampires, others did not. It depended. Most humans did and most were just too afraid to believe it. The Domina wore a backpack over her shoulders that hung low and rested near her butt, inside held two metallic thermal water bottles full of type A blood and she also had her drawing pad and some pencils in it. Her phone was snug in her back pocket as she walked and the headphones attached to it wrapped around her side and up, connecting to her ears. She walked in silence and ignored everyone's glances, she wore things that she didn't exactly like but thought it'd help her fit in with the current times.

The vampire moved naturally and as if she was one, with the mortals. She walked at a slow pace to keep up with the it's and not overdue it and made sure to regulate and manage her strength when opening and doing things. She fit in just fine. She was the only one who saw her as different, not everyone else. Arkati moved toward the park where she'd sit on a bench and sketch for a while and listen to half her playlist and then continue on a walk, taking the long way back home. She avoided most of the slush and snow on the sidewalk to keep her shoes somewhat clean, though she honestly didn't mind too much about them... But they were expensive. "Go. Go. Go." She thought with a deep annoyance in her mental voice as she walked slowly on the thin sidewalk behind an elderly couple and they turned around as if they heard her mind, unless she said it out loud... She wasn't sure but they both force little smiles and stepped back and stepped so she could and she nodded with a little smile that faded as soon as her back was all they could see. She walked with long strides and toward her bench she normally sat at, secluded from most of the park but still able to see everything from it but it seemed someone else had already found the bench and taken a seat. Arkati slowed a second and sighed through her nose and in the crisp, hard air she scented a vampire. He eyebrow cocked up and she glanced around but the scent was coming from upwind and it was strongest when she faced the bench with the blonde inhabitant. She dropped her eyebrow and narrowed her eyes just slightly and walked forward again, strides once again long and somewhat quick but she didn't look rushed or strained at the effort, it was just hoe she walked. Arkati pulled the headphones from her ears and crumbled them up and put them in her front pocket, stepping one last step and now to the side and a good two feet from the bench and the blonde. She was mostly in a 'mood' because this woman was sitting on her bench, but she wasn't going to be immature, she could share.  "Excuse me... Would you like to state your name and business on my borders or will I have to ask you to leave?" Her tone mixed between a hostility and annoyed tone and a casual, nonchalant one. Sending mixed emotions.

Outfit~
Back to top Go down
Knight Jekaterina
Prospect
Knight Jekaterina

Character sheet

Find Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Find Me   Find Me Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Jekaterina stayed where she was as a certain figure stopped to stare. She herself tucked a blonde strand of hair behind her ear as she glanced from side to side, hoping to find perhaps another target for the women’s attention. No one in view that would raise suspicion, she swallowed within her tight throat as the woman strided towards her. She didn’t look pleased to see Jekaterina, rather annoyed actually. When she spoke she confirmed Jekaterina’s hopes. Her borders, was she a member of the mysterious clan? Or a crazy luni? She hoped for the first as she allowed herself to stand. In case her movement had startled the company, she let her hands shift around her hips in a ‘don’t shoot’ gesture. She kept her hands low to avoid attention from passing by humans. “Jekaterina Larisa Anzhelina Romanov. I heard a rumor of a clan in these parts.” She didn’t want to give this woman any reason to dislike her, and the best way to do that was to give the simple information that had been asked. With a nervous breath she lowered her hands to hang loosely at her sides, one coming up again to clutch the pendant around her own neck. ”I suppose this means the rumors were true.” She stated the obvious. She moved the familiar silver around her fingertips, the contact giving her a sort of confidence boost. Her posture became less frightened, more business like with a straight spine and slightly narrowed eyes. What was she going to do next? She hadn’t planned this far ahead, planning further ahead than this would have involved Jekaterina getting her hopes up, and she’d learned it was best to avoid those feelings long ago.

”Are you the leader?” Her words were slower, inquiring. Jekaterina’s experience with other vampires had been limited over the years, she’d never been part of a clan or encountered a group larger than three. Her experience in general was limited. She’d never met a Mora or a Shifter, barely had any run-ins with hunters or werewolves. She’d lived a long, boring, quiet vampire life due to little involvement with society. Perhaps her inexperience was to be blamed on the little time she spent with others of her race. Would she change that now? Another thick swallow and she allowed herself to speak again. ”I have been alone from our kind for years, living alone and blending with the humans. I… I would be interested in joining your ranks, if the clan would have me.” Her voice dropped in obvious volume when she announced the word human, giving away her and as well as this stranger’s different identities. She may not have had many run-ins with the hunters, but she knew the stories. Heard them in the bars, in the coffee shop, it was amazing and frightening what her ears had picked up over the years.
Back to top Go down
Domina Arkati
Vampire
Domina Arkati

Character sheet

Find Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Find Me   Find Me Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 8:43 pm

That was a long name. Arkati huffed, that name was too much of a mouthful for her and she sighed, scratching the back of her neck as she stared at the blonde. Okay, so patience did not exist today with the Domina. She wanted to get this over with but she knew she couldn't just let any vampire into the clan, the clan was her family and letting some 'stranger' in could put her family in danger. Something she'd never purposely do. "Is there something less.... Obnoxiously long I can call you?" Her words were flat and lifeless and she tilted her head slightly, pupils contracting. She straightened her head and raised her brows when the woman mentioned rumors and didn't say anything more about it and Arkati didn't much care so she rolled her eyes and shifted her weight on her feet. The blonde seemed to be fond of a piece of metal around her neck and this slightly intrigued and slightly annoyed Arkati. Emotions weren't one of the Domina's value points. "It's not a rumor if it's true.. But we'll let the ignorant little humans believe what they wish to believe. What they don't know will keep them safe." She stepped toward the girl so they could talk peacefully without fear of prying ears. "Because after all... It's the idea of something that gets us killed. What we know or what we wish to know is what gets us killed." Arkati slipped her hands into her pockets and her eyes just stayed glued on the fellow vampire, nothing really had to be said from the woman except her name and business here while she already state and all this extra was not yet asked for. Arkati sighed and nodded briefly, turning her attention to the playground, watching kids play was more entertaining than the woman as of the moment. When her brain registered no more sounds and words, Arkati turned her attention back to the blonde and she smiled wickedly, obviously a forced smile. "I am... The Domina of the clan, one of two currently. Dominus Demetri is the rightful and true created and ruler of this clan. I am his wife and his second hand. He was the very first vampire ever to be created and I suggest you not piss him off. Me? Piss me off and alike things will happen but he is stronger than I... Therefore able to throw you farther. But don't get me wrong. I can still throw you. But I'm generally nicer than him. Anyways, we have gotten off topic." Arkati looked over the park and shrugged softly when the girl said she hadn't much been around their kind. "That sounds like some personal business that I did not ask nor care much for. Who and how and when you hangout with others is none of my concern. Although... What is my concern is...-" She licked her top row of teeth and sighed out of her nose as she examined the female. "Is if you'll be able to fit under ranks, function and live and work and serve along side other vampires if you have barely encountered any throughout your life and that leads to my next question.... Exactly how old are you?"

Arkati's thoughts swirled and changed and mixed and drifted from the topic at hand, as they mostly did. She had a short attention span, it took a lot to keep her occupied for a long amount of time. "I'm sure the clan..... wouldn't mind having you around. Just tell me what use you would be to the clan and it's member a as whole and also tell me what rank you wish to have bestowed upon you and what not. If I see it fit, you shall receive such rank and if not... Well we'll see what happens."
Back to top Go down
Knight Jekaterina
Prospect
Knight Jekaterina

Character sheet

Find Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Find Me   Find Me Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:46 pm

A slight distortion of her features resulted when the woman asked for a shorter name. Jekaterina should have been used to this by now, not many americans were fond of the long form. Her head dropped slightly as she gave an understanding nod. "Katerina or Kate will be fine." She spoke softly, raising her head to match the woman's gaze. The vampire took a step towards her, closing the space so that they could talk without being heard. Curiosity killed the cat, she thought to herself as the woman warned her against following so called rumors in the future. She was indeed correct, it could get her killed. But this time it was worth it. To finally interact with others of her kind, to be hidden within a clan. Jekaterina didn't bother to share the information of whom she may be running from, it wasn't relevant at that point. Besides, they hadn't come for her for years now. The thought was puzzling and sometimes intimidating. They took her family, why were they waiting to snatch her as well? The agony of always expecting a kidnapping, constantly looking over her shoulder, the paranoia would drive her insane some days. But then there was also days like today when she nearly forgot about the captors and let herself go out into the open without the hair rising feeling of eyes on her back, like a target. If she would have allowed herself to, Jekaterina would have shivered. But even with the vampire's gaze focused on some kids running around the playground, she knew she would spot the movement and question it at once. Thus, she stayed still.

Blue eyes that resembled a storm widened slightly as the vampire spoke of the Dominus of the clan, and she being one of two Domina. The thought of two domina puzzled Jekaterina, but knew it was her place to question it. Perhaps she would learn more at a later time. Another warning, strange they were beginning to sound like threats with a mix of challenge. If she could have rolled her eyes without upsetting the domina, she would have done so. When asked about her age Jekaterina's mouth opened just a bit. "Two hundred and twenty-six years as of last year." Her arms resumed her most casual stance, crossed over her chest with one hand playing with the small silver. "I know the thought of little experience with others may be unnerving, but you have my word that I wouldn't ever do anything that would result in trouble for you or the rest of the clan. I can maintain peace with ease. As for a rank, I believe a physical combat related rank will do fine. I know a little and am a fast learner." She also had an interest in natural herbs, but not enough for a rank in that particular field. Plus, with the strength and aid of fast healing wounds vampires didn't really have a need for a medic. She figured she could do more good this way.

Her lips tightened as she forced herself to cease from rambling. She remembered the Domina's retort of 'personal business she did not need to know.' Jekaterina wished to remain on the female's good sign, although she doubted the two would become close friends. She seemed to be naturally distant, and at the very least unimpressed with the first impression. Jekaterina wasn't impressed much either, so far the thing she liked most about the woman was her beanie. "If it isn't too much to ask..." She began slowly, most likely interrupting the Domina's train of thought. There were many questions that she could have used to follow up, but she chose the most basic. "What may I call you?" She could have asked about the other populations she had also heard rumors about, perhaps some she could steer clear of, or of any nearby coffee shops that may have been hiring. But then again, The Domina didn't look like one to hang around a quiet little cafe shop. She pictured her more of the dark, rustic bar type.
Back to top Go down
Domina Arkati
Vampire
Domina Arkati

Character sheet

Find Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Find Me   Find Me Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Arkati nodded and stood there, eyes now back on the vampire before her. Their numbers were increasing, more and more vampires joining under the ranks and growing stronger everyday. Of course Arkati wanted more members but she couldn't just choose whoever came along because she wanted some more, she had to make sure they were worthy. So this vampire wasn't exactly young but she wasn't old either, still room to learn. Always room to learn. "I do not discriminate those with younger ages than I or other or older for that matter. I am a strong believer in actions speak louder than words and your words are your age. Age means nothing if you do not know how to use it. I believe you'll do fine under these ranks as... A knight." Arkati offered a small, fragile little smile for a brief second and it was gone as soon as it appeared. "With that being said, you will follow me back to the territory, I'll get someone to show you around and talk some things over. I also need your vow that you will be loyal to this clan and this clan only, we do not take lightly to traitors and also you must know that as a knight, we expect you to sacrifice your life without hesitation so that another clan member can live on. Even if we're not exactly living, you get the point." Arkati adjusted her beanie and arched a brow slightly, stepping past the woman and toward the territory. "You can call me Arkati. Now, if you would please.... Follow me." She didn't even look back at the woman as she spoke, she walked into the territory and toward the mansion.

Sorry it's short. Just wanted to get this show on the road and get you accepted.^^ After your next post you can change your name to Knight Jekaterina. Welcome to the clan.
Back to top Go down
Knight Jekaterina
Prospect
Knight Jekaterina

Character sheet

Find Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Find Me   Find Me Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Jekaterina unconsiously held her breath as the Domina began to speak before her. Her words seemed slower, calculated, thought about before said. Jekaterina hardly noticed with the nervousness welling up inside her belly. A rush of air expelled from her chest as she was granted her rank, and in tow her acceptance into the clan. Her lips revealed a relieved smile which was shared with her domina for the briefest of moments. The domina seemed to fall back into buisness mode, using a similar tone to the one where she'd first addressed Jekaterina. Jekaterina followed her lead, working to regain her calm and collected composure as she listened to the following instructions. She restrained her head from bobbing up and down to quickly from the excitment and nervous jitters that wanted to escape her. Still, her feelings were still easy to see to anyone who took a second glance. "And you shall have it. I vow to protect this clan and it's members past the best of my ability." Jekaterina didn't hesitate to agree to the terms, perhap maybe even a little two quick, but she was on a high and her thoughts weren't exactly coming and going in single file. The humanous gesture of smoothing the Domina's beanie reminded her of where she was, in a park full of humans. She reached up her own hand to slide an escaping hair back behind her ear and switched the weight from one fuzzy boot to the other. Her new leader brushed past her lightly, beckoning her to follow. She bit her lip. Here I go.. She thought to herself as she took her first step towards her new life. Whether she was ready to leave it all behind and ready to trust again or not, she was doing it. She'd past the test, gained acceptance, and met one of her leaders. For a moment the thought of turning and running from all this crossed her mind, but with each step she took all those thoughts began to slip away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Find Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Find Me   Find Me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Find Me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: FAQ And Out Of Character :: Archives-
Jump to: