Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literate Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You Scratch My Back... (Eden)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mender Blake
Shifter
Mender Blake

Character sheet

You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Empty
PostSubject: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:20 am

Nearly a full season had passed since Blake had crossed the borders into this Shifter territory. She'd aired out the house in Monet Quarter and tidied the inside somewhat. But now she thought it was time she set towards renovating the place for the purpose she intended. She had so many wonderful ideas for it and it would mean she would have a permanent place of residence, making it easier for her to be found when her talents were required. Maybe the canaries would become a permanent fixture. So far each time she had visited the house they had popped in for a moment, flown around her head chirping happily, then flown back out the window. Those canaries made her smile whenever she got the idea that the task would become too impossible. The renovation would take some time in order to fix the things that needed fixing, possibly add some walls to close off a room. On closer inspection she had found the house to be far larger than its exterior showed. The entire rear half of the lower level would be sufficient as her kitchen-living-dining area. Upstairs would be her private quarters with a secondary living space. The remainder would be made into the beautiful entrance foyer she pictured, an examination room and a spare room. She would hate to see a fellow shifter harmed to the point where they needed round-the-clock observation by the Mender, but it was better to be prepared. But first, there were a few hoops that she needed to jump through to get the project up and running.

Blake had spent this day cleaning the weeds and dead plants from the garden, aerating the soil in preparation for some new plants. She wasn't entirely set on the layout yet, but she definitely wanted colour in the garden. Maybe some petunias or some liliums. She knew she wanted a herb garden on the back windowsill. She'd fill it with rosemary, mint, coriander, she might even plant a small bay tree - stews were excellent with a few bay leafs. Perhaps a vegetable garden too. But she was getting ahead of herself. She needed the Reginas permission before starting such a large job. If only she and Eden had met - and parted - that first day on better terms. Somehow she'd have to find a way to speak to her leader and ask this massive favour. Thinking about it too much got Blake worked up and sent her into a mild panic until finally she decided it had to stop. Leaving her beloved bag in the house the Mender walked her way into the trees where she shifted. Fur sprouted on her body as her bones rearranged themselves into those of a four-legged beast. A tail grew from the base of her spine, facial features elongated and altered into a more feline form. Her muscles rippled as she stretched out the great cat. It had been a while. Blake set off at a run, thinking a little exploring would do her some good. The ground sloped upwards, the air turning salty as she headed for the sea. She had learnt her lesson, she wouldn't be jumping from the cliffs. Finally the edge came into sight, the blue sky visible over the peak. The lioness shifted mid-stride into her human form. She wore dark skinny-jeans, a green singlet and a thin tan cardigan. Her feet were protected from the rocks by her grey canvas shoes. Daringly she walked right to the edge and sat down, staring out at the sea. Her legs dangled in the air below her, bouncing softly against the rock.
Back to top Go down
Rex Edaelion
Admin
Rex Edaelion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 11:25 pm

At the tallest hill of the most beautiful meadow in the lands of the Shifters, a fair maiden sat before two tombstones that beheld similar sets of fresh flowers atop them. The cold nipped at the woman's nose and cheeks, making the pigment of her flesh from a glossy tan, to a dusted rose-like color. Her long lochs of golden, white wheat flowed blissfully as the wind recognized her beauty and only wanted to display it before the world by twindling it's compelling fingers through each strand. A guitar, one of slight age, genuine in it's own way as each scar withered into it's wooden sides told a wonderful story, one of them being when he taught her to play, and accidentally scratched it by being too strong on her own. If only he were here today to see her play before him in person, but all she could do was mumble lyrics to his very grave, and her baby girl along side him. A courageous tear formed at the side of her blue eyes, but it didn't have the strength to let go and simply faded along with her happiness within that small moment. The wind brushed the guitar strings, playing a faint melody, to which brought her out of her daze and gently peer down at the five silvery bands upon the neck of the instrument. She shrugged her shoulders upwards, pushing the material around her neck closer to her jawline and the bottom of her ears to keep warm. Though, the odds of her outfit keeping her at bay would, however, not last much longer. A low, defeated sigh trickled off her tongue and into the open, cold air, to which formed a small cloud that soon then vanishing before her very eyes. Winter was coming, and she could only wonder as to how much time left she had while the dirt was still loose. She would spent the holidays alone this year, it seemed.

She rose slowly to her feet and gently grasped the guitar's strap along with her to then wrap around her shoulder and rotate it to rest against her back. The leader moved casually away from the spot and shifted bodies in mid-step. Fur sprouted out of every pore of her body and soon covered her entire form while human hands and feet soon changed to four tigress paws pressed into the leave ridden dirt. Guitar still in tact across her spine, she turned her head to peer back at the graves before finding the need to look away before she would find an excuse to stay for a bit longer. Ears flattened, she started into a smooth stride, but as time pressed on, her speed gradually increased into a dead sprint through the magenta pigmented land. The flowers began to fade into normal terrain, but became slightly rigid and more difficult for her to avoid hitting into things. Still, she kept a leveled mind and watchful sight, knowing full well as to where she was headed as she was too afraid to return home to another night in an empty bed. She knew she would have to eventually, because it was her home, but at the moment, all she could think of was what the future laid ahead for her. Amid the roaring of waves, she smelt the Mender within a mile's reach of her nostrils. Eden followed it comfortably, and returned human flesh as she neared the woman's field of hearing. She did not hide her footsteps by creeping slowly, but only moved to a position where she could see the side of her face at the least. "What brings you here alone, Miss Blake? Usually you are in the Quarter, or fulfilling a hungry Bellator's amusement." The Regina could be asking herself the same, but she quietly made the effort to converse amongst the other feline by sitting at her side, though she did not allow her legs to dangle off the edge like so. Instead, she crossed her legs beneath her and leaned on one outstretched palm that supported her up slightly from laying on the ground. Before doing this, she had removed the guitar and placed it neatly by her, the opposing side that which did not near Blake. "I'm starting to believe Kenai has the stomach of a whale rather than a bear..." Her eyes rolled playfully before she formed a small chuckle at the memories of him eating with her from time to time when she felt most alone. Perhaps tonight would be another lonesome event for him to spend with her for a meal.
Back to top Go down
http://infinitew0lves.tumblr.com/
Mender Blake
Shifter
Mender Blake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:56 am

The Mender sat there for a long while simply staring out at sea. The afternoon sun was slowly headed for the watery horizon. A thousand reflected points of light danced off the waves, making her eyes squint in discomfort. Her blue iris' contracted around her pupils, restricting the amount of light that entered her eyes until eventually they adjusted. She watched the waves, the rhythmic movements serving to soothe her troubled mind. The gentle autumn breeze caressed her tense muscles, massaging them into a more relaxed state. The tendrils of wind sent her cardigan aflutter. She thought about Wesley and the wonderful date they'd shared. Her knight in shining armour was just so good to her. She couldn't imagine being happy with anyone else. Of course it was still early days, but she couldn't possibly see anything going wrong in their relationship.

Her heels drummed on against the cliffs edge. She could see the light brown of the stone slowly rubbing off on her already dirty shoes. She shrugged. That was about when a voice from behind startled her. "Oh, Regina Eden!" She quickly dropped her head, averting her eyes in respect. "My apologies, I was just taking a few moments to myself. But- but I can go if you like. I'm sure you don't need me hanging around." She sat poised, ready to move or stay as ordered. The mender was very wary around the Tigress. Their previous interaction had been less than friendly. Coupled with the Reginas feline persuasion place Blake on high alert for danger. It wasn't intended to offend, only a natural reaction based upon years of running and hiding from her own kind. Fear had helped her to survive for almost seventy-five years, it could help her survive past this short interaction. Already Eden had removed the guitar that was apparently slung at her back and set it on her other side. The blonde woman sat cross-legged on the cliff, for some reason discussing Kenai and his eating habits. She did recall the bear having a particular love for food. But why was the Regina so eager to discuss him?
Back to top Go down
Rex Edaelion
Admin
Rex Edaelion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:33 pm

With slight surprise, Eden's brow rose slowly to the startled shifter before her, and helped herself casually to a seat next to her while doing so. She noticed how the woman's expression changed, as she was less relaxed within her presence, and fidgety almost about it, as well. Waving off a small hand, she forced a small, reassured laugh and slight shake of her apple-shaped head, "There is no need for that, Blake.. You were simply here first before me, it'd be rude to tell you to leave just because I arrived just now, plus, I was looking for a reason to stay away from the den anyway. However, that being said, I may leave if you would like to continue in your moment of peace.. I, too, have my times when it seems silence is the only remedy.." The feline shifter noted, knowing the mender to be the only rank which aided others in finding comfort among their sickness and injuries. It was nice to have a doctor, for it had been a while before Blake had come did she come to a realization that the clan would need one eventually. It was rather unfortunate, though, that the two felines had stepped apart on ill perspectives. It only seemed right to make the lioness a Baron at the time, she needed a slight adjusting, and when she revealed signs of improvement, and Eden heard word of her social status, there needed to be a change. Hopefully that has faired well with the maiden, and if not, she would apologize simply because it was the right thing to do. "And you don't have to pay any submission to me at the moment - I am simply here as a friendly-figure, rather than your leader. You may refer to me as just Eden, right now. Okay?" Eden smiled a genuine smile, her blue eyes gleaming happily in their own way despite the feelings which she still had twirling within her.

As her hand rested atop the guitar, the other supported against the ground, Eden leaned comfortably back and looked out at the waves. Her ears were willed with harmonious sounds of nature - the crashing of wild tides against the sharp rocks, the squawking of seagulls swarming the perimeter in search of food, and the heavenly song the winds made when spinning through. Exhaling, she closed her eyes and parted her lips, allowing the air to flow through her mouth rather than her nose, "I've heard word that you've been fitting quite well in our little family.. Is that true?" One of her eyes slightly opened to look at the female sitting next to her, only to then close once she answered. "It's nice to know these things about everyone, no one is to be an outcast.. I highly believe that the concept of being a family, rather than just a pack, is stronger when coming to the lines of defending ourselves as a whole." She confessed, never to really discuss the meanings behind the way she works and thinks, but, after all, she had a method to her madness. And family seemed to be a large part in that alone. "Kenai tells me that you are one of his friends.. Which is why I asked why you were here."
Back to top Go down
Mender Blake
Shifter
Mender Blake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 4:50 am

A hand went to her chest as she slowed her breathing. Quick, shallow breaths of fright transitioned into deeper gulps for the lioness as her momentary fright was wearing off. The tigress laughed. Is she going to kill me? was the first thought the Mender could form. The laugh just seemed so odd to her. She had said nothing amusing, nor had anything happened that she believed warranted a laugh. But speech from her superior required ears to listen. Compliance was simple enough. She nodded. "Well, my Lady, if it is distraction you require from me, I should be glad to help." As much as the Regina frightened her, Blake was her Mender. As such, it was her duty to ensure the womans health. Here she was not just a clan member, but a doctor, a veterinarian, a psychiatrist and a friend. If distraction was what ensured her leaders health, then a distraction would be provided.

She had heard of the death of the Regina's mate, which was of course devastating. Quite possibly it was the reason for their less than cordial introductions at the border. At Edens instruction, Blake looked up. "Okay Reg- Eden..." She gave a soft smile to the blonde woman watching her lean back comfortably on one arm. Blake instead chose to grip the edge of the cliff with her hands, making her feel just a little more secure whilst feeding her adventurous side. Seagulls flew in a haphazard flock in the sky above, one diving below the cliff line to inspect the water for a food source. It quickly rejoined the group, apparently finding none. Blake shrugged her shoulders. "I suppose. Niko's great and Kenai seems nice. Jagara... I haven't figured her out yet." The wind fluttered about, toying with the girls dark wavy hair. She closed her eyes to enjoy the caress of the salty breeze on her skin. When they opened again she found herself looking down. She wouldn't be cliff-jumping any time soon. A nod was followed by these words. "Family is good. Family is strong." I just hope this clan isn't a family like my family. Still more had to be answered for. "Kenai and I have met once before, though the circumstances were a little... pressing. I suppose we could be called friends, although I do typically spend my time alone. I like it that way. It just a bit easier I guess." She took a breath before hurriedly adding, "But that doesn't mean I'm not available if anyone needs me. I've just been busy."
Back to top Go down
Rex Edaelion
Admin
Rex Edaelion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Eden looked to the woman with a tilted grin as she had been caught almost saying her title, right after she wished not to be called, before quickly recovering from her slight mistake. This came to no surprise to her, she could see the difficulty and awkward-demeanor in some of her pack when she requested such names. But, the tigress found it comforting to know how well her clan respected her as an individual upon authority, as considering her as their Regina was the natural thing to do towards her presence. She offered a tender smile and began to listen to the opposing feline shifter, knowing full well what was beneath the flesh and to what she truly looked like behind such a mask. "Jagara has always tended to be, rather, off, compared to most. But that's what makes her such a bold right hand at my side. Perhaps if you were to learn a bit more about her, though her own side, you'd understand her predicament.. We've all been through terrible times, if you've already learned about a good few of us here.." Her eyes flitted off towards the ocean's edge, her mind drifting partially to the portion among her brain to where the dark memories lay. She couldn't bare to tell the Mender the poor stories to which she had faced, nor allow her to hear the ones she had heard from her pack members. That was sacred information, and telling it off to another would only break the bond she swore to keep. "I wouldn't particularly say she was hit the hardest amongst us, but the case was quite devastating, I'm sure you could understand." Eden nodded once, dismissing the topic all together as she allowed Blake to speak of her relationship with the bear.

Kenai had not mentioned much upon his time with Blake, as friendly partners, but she judged by the smile on his face when he sometimes came around that something was different about him. She could only suspect that he had met someone, or done something to which amused himself with, that, or perhaps he was insane and she was too blind to realize it. After all, he almost ate her hand off while trying to bite the raw steak she was handing him a month ago for dinner. The thought made her wonder, but was taken aside with Blake's words, "I understand.. Though sometimes the isolation is a bit much in my opinion, I enjoy company and nice conversations with living breathing others, but it is simply an opinion. I've lived a life of too much lonesomeness, and I refuse to return to that now that I have my shifters.. as well as another ally of mine." She hinted secretly at another, which being Lucian behind it all. There was a time where she thought it would be best to discuss things with her Auxilary, but Jagara seemed to never be around for her to speak privately with her. There were times where she felt like telling everyone that she made a treaty alliance with the werewolves in secret. Instead of that, she procrastinated on finding a better moment for everyone to hear, and that the agreement was blood solid between them. A single question did, however, waver among her mind to ask the fragile mender female, "Blake.. if I may ask, what is your knowledge among the beasts - the werewolves to which share a part in Lunari today? I do not know much upon the topic, but if you did, it would be wonderful to hear just so that I'm aware." Eden knew everything, almost, to know about the wolven creatures, but she wanted an opinion on them from others to see if the alliance would be a great idea in the long run for them all. They would have to get along, and in order for that, Eden needed to be assured that they'd commit in protecting one another as equals.
Back to top Go down
Mender Blake
Shifter
Mender Blake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 4:59 am

Her blue eyes found solace in the rapidly setting sun. Painful as the brightness was, the colours that surrounded the great light were magical. A beautiful array of oranges, pinks and purples. Truly magnificent. She could stare into a sunset for hours, simply trying to pick our her favourite shade. Sometimes it was a soft orange, others it was a sweetling pink. It all depended on her mood for the day. This evening her favourite shade of the sunset was a pastel lilac, gentle and soft. It made her think of a soft, fluffy teddy bear. She had no idea why, it just did. But she could imagine it so clearly. A small, fuzzy little bear, coloured the same shade of purple. Little black eyes staring back at her. A pretty little ribbon tied around its neck. She could feel its fluffy fur on her skin even when it wasn't there. She had to find this bear now. No matter what it took. Blinking a few times she re-centred her attention on the Regina, nodding politely as she spoke. "If you trust her, then it is not my place to say anything. Likely you are right and I should get to know her, only I'm not so sure of myself, if I'm being honest. Clan life is still so foreign, as I'm sure you've deduced." There was just a little more to be said on the subject, to which she replied, "Everyone experiences trials in their time. We can only hold on for the better future that awaits us. If we cannot have hope for tomorrow, what can we have hope for?" Troubled pasts were too familiar to the Mender, but she believed her hardest times were behind her and that life in Lunari would bring her happiness.

The subject of isolation made her want to explain herself a little better. "It can be lonely at times, but it's what I've known for so long, it is taking some time getting used to being around so many people all the time. Before this place I was a veterinarian, I worked almost exclusively with animals and I tended to be on call for the graveyard shifts, when the emergencies came through. Days working in the city were often awkward and uncomfortable with so many people. So isolation is my thing. Who knows, maybe I'll get better at it one day." She said with a shrug. But Eden had hinted at having another ally. Blake wanted to ask but before she could, she asked a question of her own. "I'm afraid I'll be of no help to you on the subject. I've never met a Werewolf, nor a Vampire - though the war between humans and the aforementioned is well known. I can only repeat what the humans say, which is often fractured and inaccurate. They say that the Werewolves are ugly, bloodthirsty beasts that feed on human flesh when they turn on the full moon. It is also said that they are more beast than man and cannot be reasoned with. I don't know how much of this is true, but if you are treating with Werewolves I would caution you. As our Regina your first duty should be to your own people - Of course you would be aware of this. But if this "alliance" is beneficial to us and not fraught with terrors, then I say trust your instinct. An animals instinct is its greatest survival tool."
Back to top Go down
Rex Edaelion
Admin
Rex Edaelion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Eden pried a gentle smile at the corner of her mouth, "I would usually say that I could relate to that, but unfortunately I can't. The only bit of city life I've rather spent is now, and that's only for necessary tasks, or work in the Quarter upon our territories. You see, I was born as a cub in France, that is, when it was still here, to live in the forest till my adulthood, so I wasn't as keen to the city life as you may of known. Though it must've been quite the adventure, despite it's vastness and the feeling of being so small. I can recall so many times where I've gotten myself lost in such places," The tigress laughed once, leaning on one palm so that she could tuck the loose stands of her hair from her face to be behind her ear. "It must've been nice, though, with being your own little person in such a big place like a city, you've said. With how I was raised, I don't think I'd even be able to bare the location, let alone be able to live in it and still remain the same as I was when entering it." She noted. There had been people she knew over time that had gone to many different places, and never returned as the same person she had met. It was unfortunate, for she did not stay with such crowds for long. Perhaps it was because she was uncomfortable around large amounts of change, and that was why she mourned over her beloved's sudden death for so long. However, with that put to the side, she was pleased with the effort put forth to their conversation. This had been the most socializing she had done since Diallo's death, and it felt nice to have come company other than herself and Kenai - as well as Lucian, but that was strictly for the neutrals, not home.

Eden's head turned to the sound of Blake's voice piping up again in an answer to her more important question. She did not blame her for basing her opinion of human words, but that alone did not change her mind. The humans were too vulnerable to care what they said about the creatures of Lunari - they even made a bad rep out of the Shifters, so it came no surprise as to what the Mender would say that the mortals spoke of. After all, it's what Blake had been living by for a majority of her life, being that she was almost constantly surrounded by the human world, rather than that of Shifter ideals. "I'm happy to hear that you trust me as your leader, Blake.. It's all that I could ever ask for in my Shifters, and hope for. That's all I ever wish to accomplish while I live and breath my leadership, but I also wish for a better for everyone. My beliefs consist of world peace, however, I do not expect it to suddenly happen, and wouldn't be surprise if it didn't come close to that at all.. It's only in our nature to hate or love one another in the end.. And since Diallo's death to a murderous human, I believe it's best we earn alliances for protection, and hope that our Shifters will learn to keep them safe as well." Sitting up, the tigress folded her arms over her lap and pivoted her feet to her side. Her voice was soft, elegant in it's own, velvety way of speaking, "I trust what I am doing is the right thing.. which is why I've been visiting the Alpha of werewolves for the past several years, before you came upon us, even." Eden said slowly, lifting her head to look at the ocean once more, "Blake.. do you believe in love, even if it isn't with someone of the same species, or race as you? Not necessarily another race, but an example being with someone different than the real you, in general." Her eyes sparkled with the thought of her previous Auxiliary male, being that he was a white lion, and that she could not be with him if she wished for children. The same going for Lucian, if she would truly learn to love him inside and out, and want a family, but know it would never be done. "I've begun to realize I am falling in love, again, with another man.. And I'm afraid where it might lead if I allow my hopes to rise too high." She says as quietly as humanly possible, a low sigh curling off her tongue, for it felt wonderful to get off her chest.
Back to top Go down
Mender Blake
Shifter
Mender Blake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:53 am

The Mender was interested to hear what her Regina had to say on the topic of city life. It would be interesting to know exactly how the Regina had come to be the person she was, where she had come from. She had not heard of France in her lifetime and likely would never travel to whatever country had taken its place. Living in a forest had never occurred to Blake. She was too afraid. All she had wanted was to get as far from her father and the war as possible. Everyone in the kingdom knew what her lion looked like. And those who didn't would quickly pick her out for the scars on her body. At least her human form could grow and change, be altered in ways that would make her blend in with the mortals. The next step of course was to hide and keep moving. No more than a few years spent in the same city. After being educated and honoured as a bright student and excellent doctor, she took to ensuring that her skills were put to use in as many places as possible. Not only that but her extremely slow ageing made it difficult to stay anywhere too long. Questions would be asked and her answers would never add up. It was just easier to keep moving. As a vet working was simpler. She could request tot be on call at night and work where fewer people were around. It all seemed to work until she found herself struggling on her own. She was a lioness, she needed a Pride to survive.

"It's easier to hide when there are more people around." Was all the answer she could give Eden. As for what Eden said next she could not help but be honest. "I have no choice but to trust you. I cannot survive without a Pride. And it is not my place to openly question your decisions. At least your views on peace are more realistic than some." She waited patiently for her to speak further on the alliance taking in what she could. The leader of the werewolves, it seemed, was to be the Reginas new consort. An interesting choice. "On the subject of love I am no expert, but I do believe love can blossom from anything and between anyone. Who are we to come between two people who care for one another? How could an emotion that brings two warring sides together be a bad thing? If those two people could come to an understanding, even share a bed together, couldn't we all learn to do so?" Of course she was thinking of her own relationship with Wesley, but that was not to be discussed. Not right now. Though there was something she wished to discuss with her leader, something that needed to be said already. Blake steeled herself, opening her mouth before the moment of courage could leave her. "If you don't mind the change in subject, Eden, there is something I've been wanting to ask you. About the houses in Monet Quarter. There's one that's caught my eye, one I think I can work with. It's a little rundown and in need of fixing but I'm sure I can handle it. I want to turn it into a General Practice. That way I have a place where everyone and anyone who needs my help can find me." She clutched at her pockets automatically, annoyed that she didn't have the plans on her. "Dammit, wish I hadn't left them there," she muttered. "I guess I'm asking if I could renovate it to suit me. Make it a more permanent base of operations." Now she had to wait the verdict and hear the thoughts of her leader.
Back to top Go down
Rex Edaelion
Admin
Rex Edaelion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 12:32 am

The tigress was more or less relieved with the idea that the mender knew of her understanding, it was becoming more and more difficult as time pressed on to find someone to relate with, as well as hold a mutual conversation with without feeling the slightest threat. Peace would perhaps never play a role in lifestyles today, but she could damn sure hope it can be made some day, it just depended on those who supported it more so than those who opposed. Of course, that already being said, if it were to never happen, Eden would carry on as life had for her always been, and most likely always will be for her. Tigers, like herself, adapted well to different places, and did not feel bothered by the solitary life, it seemed, but not even the growth of her human-skin tamed her completely after the death of a loved one. That humane feeling still seeped into the cracks made upon her mind, and with that, she was left heart-broken and internally alone. "I believe you are right, Blake.. To whom we love should not be something we worry over, but to cherish. It is not that we choose who we wish to love, but allow ourselves to. It cannot be captured and kept hidden, but only freed by its own accord... We know who we love once we find them.. and I believe I've found one, once more. Whether or not these feelings still reign true, is beyond my knowledge, which is why I ask you such things here now.. As for you, have you found a suitor yet, miss Blake?" She couldn't help but to wonder if the tattered beauty had wedged into a man or woman's life just as well as she had. Every quality and attribute about the mender seemed very appealing to her, however, it would not be the first time she'd be surprised. It was unfortunate to see such souls left without another to fill their heart, and with that, Eden could understand.

Peering up to find the mender speaking upon a different subject, her eyes slightly rose and narrowed together as she tried to listen. She wished for a place of her own within the small town to which was apart of the Shifter-lands. Eden knew of others coming to her for a place of their own there as well, and it made her wonder as to why the Quarter seemed more befitting for them, rather than a comfy den. Either way, she had no room to speak, Tigress Town, her book store was bought and used as a two way apartment, one a business, the other a temporary home if she were to work longer hours. It did seem more casual for one to own a business in order to find money, and if that was what the mender wished, she would simply grant it, "Oh! You don't have to show me any blueprints, that's quite alright.. As for that, I don't see a reason not to give you the area, actually, it'd be useful of your occupation to prosper close by. I'll speak to the land-owners and send you any necessary information regarding it in your name. If there need to be any issues, or help in renovating the place, I know a few people whom can help you. They assisted me for my office, which can be found not far from a little cafe in the Quarter, actually. If you are looking for me and I am not in my den, I am most usually there, writing and reading." She cracked an innocent smile, "Stop by any time.. I'm always looking for some company other than a common customer to come in for a book." The Regina said sweetly, her eyes glistening an ocean blue as always.
Back to top Go down
Mender Blake
Shifter
Mender Blake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Blake was glad the Regina agreed with her on matters of the heart. However, given her recent questions and statements, it was not altogether unexpected. She was more excited to move on to their conversation concerning her Practice, but Eden still wanted to discuss suitors. Blake shook her head. "I thought maybe... but no. I don't think so. The whole concept is so foreign, I don't think I'd be any good anyway." Wesleys distance since their date was evidence of that. But she didn't want to reveal to the tigress the identity of her love. The Regina might be within her rights to love someone of another species, but she might become upset if her Mender had taken to a Human. Every time she looked at that beautiful face, framed by blonde locks, all she could remember was the white tigress that had threatened her on the borders. Thoughts of the tigress only pained her as she remembered the tiger camp where she was held for nearly two years. It reminded her of her scars and the injuries that made them. She pulled at her top, tugging it down over the waistband of her jeans to ensure it covered her shame.

Blake remained nervous as she waited to hear if her wish would be granted. Surely it would be. She wanted to create a place where her patients could find her and be treated. What was there in that that the Regina could say no to? At so it seemed she could not. "Oh thank you Eden, that's excellent news! The paperwork shouldn't be too difficult I'm sure. I should be able to do most of the renovations myself, but I might need to get a few workers in for some of the more complex stuff if that's alright with you. Just for major construction like walls and door fittings. Maybe tiles too. The carpets I can do, and the kitchen doesn't really need much. Oh but there might be some removalists that have to come by when delivering the furniture. I certainly can't lift all that by myself. I'll have to start shopping soon..." She'd very nearly forgotten that Eden was there as she began to ramble off a list of things that needed to be done. Hopefully the other woman wouldn't mind. Then Blake remembered her saying something about a cafe. "That would be lovely. Especially on the slow days where there's no one who needs a doctor. That wasn't common in the city, but maybe not the case here. If you come across anyone who needs help with anything, mental or physical, please send them straight to me." What more was there to say? She couldn't think of anything. She was buzzing with excitement.
Back to top Go down
Rex Edaelion
Admin
Rex Edaelion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Eden laughed softly to herself at the comment, "No one knows if they're good at something until they try it. A pretty lioness like you could find a suitor in no time, anyone is worth such a presence." She noted, granting the mender a simp smile as her gentle blue hues rested upon the others in mutual friendliness. It was quite sad to see that the shifter could not find someone to make her heart glow warm and her insides to churn with potential butterflies, as some called it. But, as Eden knew, there were dangers to falling in love, and she too, knew to take precautious when prospering the relationship between her and Lucian alone. When the white lioness bursted with great excitement, the Regina raised her brows in slighty surprise and leaned a little back in her seat, a tilted grin humorously finding a way on her face as she allowed herself to listen to the woman's ramblings that folllowed such a jump. She was quite the character, Eden thought to herself, tilting her head and examining the flower before her as a piece of art. As she spoke, the tigress began to add up all the work and effort that would have to be put forth in granting a little TLC to the apartment. She wondered as to how much she wanted done to the place that would soon become a practice, personalized for the shifters and humans who catered to the Quarter's lifestyles. She smirked gently and looked to the mender as she finally came back to reality, "Then you better get started, miss Blake." Meanwhile, Eden found an old piece of receipt in her pocket, and a spare pen in the other, scribbling down useful numbers of people she knew that could help the doctor build a better for her future place for her works. "Here are some people I know that can help you for the most part on the heavy lifting and wall-work. They're nice people, so I don't fear that it'll be hard having them work in your trust." She smiled, and lifted herself from the ground to dust off her pants, free of the grass which clung to it's material. Shifting into her tigress form, she stretched out her limbs and allowed a yawn to roll off her tongue. This company had helped her forget about the loved ones waiting for her return in the meadow, but that would not happen. She was tired and ready to head home, to her cave and rest like the feline she was as the sun began to set. "I will pass on your words Blake to some people that I tend to, and advertise it in my shop once your apartment has been finished." Looking off into the horizon, she cooed a soft growl before a funny thought came to her, chuckling slightly, "If only there were a shot to cure the grizzley's diet. He about wiped out all my food aa few nights ago.." She mumbled, taking a few steps forward to let her know that she was ready to leave. before looking back with the same smile. "As for you Blake, I wish you luck, and let me knew if you are in need of any help with your business. I'd be happy to assist you if need be. Happy holidays." she said before sprinting off into a dead run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Scratch My Back... (Eden)   You Scratch My Back... (Eden) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Scratch My Back... (Eden)
Page 1 of 1